Moms, I felt your pain (well, almost)...

Monday, November 21, 2011

... Actually not really at all, but I thought I would share a little excerpt of our birth experience that my wife (and anyone that happens to be in the room) absolutely cannot get enough of.

So, I have been trying to write a birth story for a while now... the following will probably not make it into the final version:
... We have been in the birthing pool for about 4 hours, things have ben going very smoothly, the contractions have become stronger and stronger but Rachel is going through each wave with extreme strength... and a lot of the strength has been directed at my inner thighs. Let me explain, I am sitting behind her with her leaning backward into me. She is bracing herself with her hands behind her on my thighs, each rush directly corresponds with an iron fist clenching of my flesh. After each resting moment I would brace my self for the next one, at least subconsciously. I was entirely focused on Rachel and our baby that was potentially minutes away from being before us for the first time...
... A couple of contractions came and went, but the next one was noteworthy. I'm not sure if her aim was off... or very precisely on... but she applied a squeeze that would make Chuck Norris cry, a little ways from my inner thighs. That's right, she applied a death grip directly to my balls, I did not cringe, I did not groan, not even a furrowed brow, for I knew that my discomfort couldn't compare. I did enjoy telling the story afterward, and no one in the room had any idea, and Rachel didn't realize that she had done it... so she says. 
It was a beautiful day, I kissed my Daughters head for the first time, I saw a side of my wife that made me respect and love her more than ever... and I learned what it feels like to get a vice grip to the nuts...
to be continued.

No comments: